Our Round 4 Deadline is coming up on October 2 - that’s 5 days from today! - for Spring 2018 start.
We know applying to grad school can seem overwhelming, and we understand you have commitments to school, work, and others. But if you’re committed to pursuing a career in finance, data science, or fintech, we want to help you get there.
The first step is submitting your application - and we show you exactly how to do that within the next 5 days:
- Register for your Berkeley MFE Online Application Login Account HERE.
- Fill out Personal Data I - you'll breeze right through this since you already have all the answers!
- Gather all required documents - transcripts, certificates, etc.
- Think about who you want to write your recommendation letters (2) and reach out to them.
Don't worry, recommenders can take a few extra days to complete their letters and submit after the October 2 deadline. Of course, the Admissions Committee cannot review your application until all materials are received.
- Enter recommenders' information to send electronic requests or print out the form to hand to your recommenders.
- Fill out Personal Data II - just a few more background questions.
- Review the Essays topics and draft your answers offline. There are only 3 questions with a max word of 250 each, about 1-2 paragraphs. The online application will timeout so we recommend working offline and pasting them in later.
- Short Essay Questions - some questions may not apply to you so enter "N/A" where appropriate.
- Proficiency Requirements - list all prerequisite courses you've completed. Courses in progress should be included in Short Essay Question #1.
- Complete Employment section - list ALL professional experience (including internships, part-time work, research, etc.)
- Fill out Education section - list all institutions from which you received a degree or completed prerequisite courses. For MOOCs (e.g. Coursera, edX, etc.), CFA, FRM, choose "Other" under "Instutitions."
- Upload copies of official transcripts and/or certificates of completion for degrees and completed prerequisite courses.
- Flesh out your drafts and input Essays in the online application. Do not use special formatting - plain text works best.
- Enter your Test Scores (GMAT / GRE, TOEFL / IELTS) as relevant. Haven't taken the exams yet? Add your future test date and email unofficial scores ASAP after submitting your application!
- Update your Resume and upload the one-page PDF file.
- Take a breather - you're practically done!
- It's a new day - do a final review of your application with that fresh set of eyes. Check for accuracy and correct typos.
- Carefully review the Applicant Acknowledgment and verify the statement.
- Pay Application Fee Online.
- The final step - Submit Application!
Easy, right? You've started the journey and there are still 6 months for you to continue preparing for the start of the Berkeley MFE in March 2018. It's a life-changing experience, and we're with you every step of the way.
As always, feel free to reach out to us with any questions. We look forward to receiving your application soon!