Winter Break

Ahhh.... the feeling of winter break. I'm back at work after the holidays, and its feeling kind of strange that for the entire week I don't have to rush from work to classes any day of the week, or go home and think about writing papers, or take-home exams or any other kind of assessment. But I do have the preparation work for Mid Program Academic Retreat looming over my head..... oh, I'll get to it soon....

The semester ended in a bit of a whirlwind, I had papers due on December 3rd, and 13th, and then a take-home exam due on December 18th. It felt like I was working on something late at night from Thanksgiving until just before Christmas. But the end of semester mixer was a great way to decompress and convince myself that the semester really was over. It was a lot of fun to meet with my class-mates in a relaxed setting, and also catch-up with spouses.

They say that after first year it gets easier. I'm not sure that is true, but I know that I enjoyed all the hard work just that little bit more. So maybe in a sense it became easier to put in the hard work.... I know my grades certainly reflected it. But I'm still waiting on my official transcript in the mail, so I can submit my tuition fee reimbursement forms to my employer - that will be the final culmination of the semester.

In the meantime, I'll start preparing for mid-program academic retreat - even if it does mean more work, I look forward to catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while.