It's that time again...

No, it's not time for midterms nor finals yet. It's bidding time - where we get to use our bid points to choose our electives. Last year, it was high anxiety since I didn't quite understand the system, didn't know what classes I should take, and didn't know what my schedule would look like. I can't say I have the answers to all of these this year, but two out of three ain't bad.

Now that I'm approaching my third year, I will have mucho bid points, which means less (ok, so there are still some) worries about getting classes. I have three classes that I want to take (and no, I'm not going to tell you what they are in case someone is spying on the blog to figure out how much they should bid - just kidding!) and for the most part, I'm confident I'll get the classes I want.

In the mean time, I have found myself being the target of random phone calls and emails from my first year friends asking for pointers and suggestions for classes to take. You can feel the tension as someone cries for help as they drown in the class descriptions and wonder what strategies they should follow to get the classes they want. In the end, it's really not such a high stress activity. Once you've been through it one time, you'll breathe a sigh of relief, sit back, and think, well, I have all the classes I wanted. Now what? Worst case, you take it the following semester because those third years with gross quantities of bid points outbid you, but someday, you'll have your sweet revenge - muhaha... :p