I Forgot How to Use my Calculator

I know. It sounds lame. How can you forget how to use your calculator? Don't you own the thing? Didn't you use it before?

It all started last summer. I went to the Finance Workshop - a one day seminar to get first years used to doing NPV calculations so we don't get overwhelmed in January when the class rolls around. Promises were made, suggestions were given. It all seemed harmless. We were strongly encouraged to purchase an HP 12c - the ultimate financial calculator - if you don't have one, you don't look like what you know what you're doing. Apparently, even when you have one, you might look like you know what you're doing, but I still don't remember how to use it.

We had Finance class for 9 weeks. I avoided using the calculator like the plague. It uses RPN. People who don't know what that is often describe it as Reverse Polar Notation, but it's Reverse Polish Notation. Anyhow, I only used it to make calculations that my trusty scientific calculator couldn't perform. And now, more than 6 months later, I forgot how to even do that. Worse yet, I'm taking another Finance class - Corporate Financial Management. I need to figure out how this thing works - and fast. Assignment 2 is due as soon as the weekend is over....