Helping Evening & Weekend MBA Students Achieve Career Growth

By Rahul Sampat

Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA student Brian Lee

Brian Lee transitioned from a civilian career with the U.S. Navy to one in investment banking

At Berkeley-Haas, we help students in our top-ranked part-time MBA program think strategically about career objectives, and we offer a structured, personalized approach to launching career transformation.

From marketing tools that help you get the interviews you want to preparing you for salary negotiations, we help ensure your readiness for a variety of professional situations. 

Here's what a few of our students in the Evening & Weekend MBA Program have to say:

“The Career Management Group was a huge help in landing my internship with Wells Fargo. They have very strong relationships with companies and institutions in the Bay Area’s financial sector and helped me craft my résumé into something that showcased my project management and engineering skills in a way that appealed to a bank.”—Brian Lee, investment banking associate, Wells Fargo Securities

“The people in the MBA Career Management Group are insightful and thoughtful. They are very open to accommodating students’ needs and tailoring their advice to your career objectives. And the mock interviews are a good way to knock the rust off your interviewing skills after you’ve been out of that loop for a while.”Jason Merideth, brand manager, Dreyer's/Edy's

“The Career Management Group helped me a lot with recruiting strategy--who to talk to, when, and how. They also helped me hone my interviewing skills.”Belinda Wang, summer associate, Credit Suisse

“The Career Management Group goes far beyond simple coaching. They get to know you and dig until they understand the root of your desire regarding where you want to take your career.”—Jack Song, principal, Speak! Communications

“As my thinking about advancing my career has changed to encompass switching into a more entrepreneurial role, the Career Management Group has been really helpful. I’m learning to recognize how I show up through my résumé and in interview, and whether that syncs with what I’m seeking.Stephen Preston, senior manager of developer advocacy, Autodesk.

Strong career services and strong career outcomes are two reasons people choose the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program, but there are plenty more! Find out what they are.

Why Part-time MBA Students  Choose Berkeley-Haas

Posted on December 23, 2015
Themes: MBA Benefits
Rahul Sampat
Rahul was Director of Admissions for the Berkeley MBA Programs for Working Professionals from 2015-2019. He hopes these blog posts provide you with useful insights into the Berkeley MBA experience and questions you may have about the MBA in general.