Graduation Day

On this day, hottest day of the year, the Class of 2009 graduated from the Haas School of Business.

It's been a long journey to get to this point. I was so happy when I finally walked into the Greek Theatre to the sounds of "Pomp and Circumstance." Of course, this was the last time we would all be together as a class.

This year, the EWMBA Academic Achievement Award went to Mahesh "The Overachiever" Rajasekharan, who weighed in with a whopping 3.97 GPA. The Top Haas Community Fellow Award went to our fellow blogger, Dutta, who logged more than 500 community service hours during the three years of the EWMBA program.

In 2006, the Wall Street Journal published an article that stated part-time MBA programs do not give student the transformative experience of a full-time program. I would counter that opinion. I believe that anyone who goes through the EWMBA program is transformed by the experience. When I was entering the program, I certainly could not have predicted how things would turn out. I do know that this MBA program has already helped my career.

I'm grateful for this experience and for the time that I've shared with my fellow classmates at Haas.