A big thank you to those of you who applied to become first-year bloggers-- you're all a very talented bunch. It was a tough decision, but we welcome in three new first-year bloggers: Aaron French, Tony Hung and Sonny Chinthamani. I'll let them introduce themselves.. (coming soon)
This week has been a fairly hectic:
- Sunday: Sent out notices to blogger applicants (again, big thanks!). Went to church. Afterwards, went to a few Napa wineries and ate dinner out there with my wife (family time is important). Great time out there..!
- Monday: Work - including preparations/logistics for new people joining my team (good to grow). Afterwards, volunteered at CityTeam (a nice organization that helps feed the homeless out in Oakland). 10:30pm teleconference with Entrepreneurship project team to plan for this week's work. Drafted slides for homework.
- Tuesday: Work. Went to join some friends coordinating a multi-faceted "appreciation" event for the upcoming Sunday. Went home at 10pm to do some homework reading.
- Wednesday: Work (yes, we are EWMBA'ers). Afterwards, went to the Alumni-sponsored "Taste of Haas" Event: "An evening celebrating the finest of Bay Area food and wine offerings with fellow Bay Area Haas alumni," held at the SF Williams-Sonoma store this year. Many wineries (Peju, St. Supery, etc.), restaurants and food providers.
- Today/Thursday and Friday: Work (getting the picture?). Plan to meet with Entrepreneurship Project Team again. These are the only nights to catch up on homework this week.. I miss Friday nights already again..
- Saturday: Classes 'til 4pm (better than 6?). Meet with International Marketing project team. EWMBA Student Association meeting afterwards. Final logistics for the aforementioned "Appreciation" event on Sunday night..
Here are a few more pics from "Taste of Haas" for your enjoyment. A couple of classmates (Chris Parkerson, Hali Burbige) and me; Squid salad, shredded beef sliders, and samosas were just a few of the tasty treats we enjoyed.