Busy week, new bloggers & a "Taste of Haas"

Wow! Deanne has a crazy schedule. Now, I don't feel so bad with my 7 units.

A big thank you to those of you who applied to become first-year bloggers-- you're all a very talented bunch. It was a tough decision, but we welcome in three new first-year bloggers: Aaron French, Tony Hung and Sonny Chinthamani. I'll let them introduce themselves.. (coming soon)

This week has been a fairly hectic:
  • Sunday: Sent out notices to blogger applicants (again, big thanks!). Went to church. Afterwards, went to a few Napa wineries and ate dinner out there with my wife (family time is important). Great time out there..!
  • Monday: Work - including preparations/logistics for new people joining my team (good to grow). Afterwards, volunteered at CityTeam (a nice organization that helps feed the homeless out in Oakland). 10:30pm teleconference with Entrepreneurship project team to plan for this week's work. Drafted slides for homework.
  • Tuesday: Work. Went to join some friends coordinating a multi-faceted "appreciation" event for the upcoming Sunday. Went home at 10pm to do some homework reading.
  • Wednesday: Work (yes, we are EWMBA'ers). Afterwards, went to the Alumni-sponsored "Taste of Haas" Event: "An evening celebrating the finest of Bay Area food and wine offerings with fellow Bay Area Haas alumni," held at the SF Williams-Sonoma store this year. Many wineries (Peju, St. Supery, etc.), restaurants and food providers.
  • Today/Thursday and Friday: Work (getting the picture?). Plan to meet with Entrepreneurship Project Team again. These are the only nights to catch up on homework this week.. I miss Friday nights already again..
  • Saturday: Classes 'til 4pm (better than 6?). Meet with International Marketing project team. EWMBA Student Association meeting afterwards. Final logistics for the aforementioned "Appreciation" event on Sunday night..
As you can see, it's still pretty busy like first-year. However, a lot of the load is at least in part, self-inflicted in the second year. It's definitely continued to be fast-paced from the start. But hopefully, I can get focused and get down to it. Deanne reminds me that it could be worse, plus some of my fellow project mates are traveling all over the place, so no complaints! I definitely send my appreciation to project mates who have been patient and supportive during the busier times.

Here are a few more pics from "Taste of Haas" for your enjoyment. A couple of classmates (Chris Parkerson, Hali Burbige) and me; Squid salad, shredded beef sliders, and samosas were just a few of the tasty treats we enjoyed.

Enjoy!
- Tim