How to Get the Most Out of Your EMBA Experience

A few of our alums sat down recently with students in the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program to share insights. Here's what they had to say about getting the most out of the EMBA experience:

•  Make your career move while in school. "More than half my class did. Being a student opens doors like never before."—Bhavik Joshi, CEO, LaunchPad Central, EMBA 09.
  • "One of the things that will set you apart is to sharpen the way you communicate. Practice in class— articulating vision, selling your passion, connecting. In school, your classmates are pulling for you."—Jason Teller, Client Director, Intellectual Ventures, EMBA 11.
  • I wanted to switch to a career in finance and made the mistake of loading up primarily on finance electives. Take diversified electives to round out your skills."—Anuj Ralhan, Associate, Technology Investment Banking, Stephens Inc., EMBA 10.
  • "I really liked my initial study group, but wanted to increase the number of people I knew well, so I changed groups partway through the program. That greater rapport with even more people has proved incredibly valuable."—Nick Triantos, Head of Mobile Software, NetApp, EMBA 07.
  • "Enjoy! It goes by so fast. Push yourself to spend as much time as you can with classmates and faculty."—Chris Kuhns, Director, M&A, Omnicell, EMBA 10.

Want more perspective from EMBA alums? They've also shared insight on making a career change while in your EMBA program.

Susan is Director of Admissions for the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program. She has nearly twenty years of experience in marketing and advertising, having worked in several different industries including technology, travel, healthcare -- and many others from her media planning days at J. Walter Thompson where her clients included Chevron, Kaiser Permanente, Nestle, and Ford. She enjoys advising prospective students and guiding them through their personal MBA experience.