And we're off!

Today marks the day for more than 100 first-years participating in Haas' International Business Development (IBD) program to set off for our posts around the world. IBD is a global consulting program that sends first years all over the world to work with local organizations (read more about the program). And it's actually one of the reasons I chose to come to Haas!

I'm on an all-female team going to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. We're working with a women's college, Dar Al-Hekma, to deliver and recommend programs that promote the personal development and advancement of women in Saudi Arabia. My team and I have spent the past 4 months researching and compiling information that will help with our projects, but most of our work is yet to come. Dar Al-Hekma wants to launch a "women's center for excellence" so we'll be interviewing key stakeholders to figure out which services would most benefit them, and then writing and presenting a proposal to our client. We'll also be conducting a 4-day workshop on "business principles" for women entrepreneurs. I can't wait to get there and get started!
If you're interested in finding out what other IBD teams are up to, check out the IBD blog: http://haasintheworld.blogspot.com/. Students are going everywhere: Africa, Asia, Europe, South America, Mexico and New Zealand and they'll be posting throughout their trips.