Career Service @ Haas

Career Services is the last thing that I wanted to see at the start of business school. The hangover of staying away from work was too sweet to give up. Just when I started breathing easy after four years of work life, the super charged force from career services kicked in with a series of programs and workshops. After overcoming the unexpected shock, I finally signed up for them. Its been one month since then and I could not have been more grateful.

Within a month, Career services has organized workshops on finding your career focus, resume building, American job search styles, etiquettes on business and social functions, art of informational interviews and many more. As an international student, these workshops have been instrumental in transitioning me into global job market and giving me a head start on job (internship) search.

The Career Services has also organized a series of industry panels where second year students share industry/function specific internship experiences with the first year students. Industry panels have helped in understanding the nature, prospects and critical success factors of securing jobs (internships) in various industries. I attended industry panel in finance, consulting, general management and strategy and product management & tech marketing. These forums have given me the first nudge towards defining my areas of interest and building right knowledge and network. These forums also epitomize the collaborative and student led approach to all activities at Haas.

Further, I was also able to schedule a one to one career discussion with career services during which an experienced professional helped me understand the market place, gave me ideas on defining my value proposition and directed me to the right set of companies and alumni.

The whole beauty of the process is the one click registration process for the workshops. All workshops are listed on the career services website. Login, press click next to workshop and within seconds, you receive an invite in your mailbox. Click and it goes into your calendar. Total time = 10 seconds

My interaction with Career Services at haas had completely assured me that no stone would be left unturned in helping me define my career goals and find opportunities pertaining to my interests. The high energy and pleasing demeanor of the entire Career Service team is always added bonus in all their workshops and events.

—Ankush