Welcome to the "First Years"!

Wow!

I knew this was coming and have been preparing myself for it, but I'm still not ready for the fact that starting next week, I will be officially a "Second Year" student at Haas. I'm not quite sure how one full year went by so quickly (I know I can read my own blogs, but I'm lazy, so I'll continue to not remember =P), but what a year it has been! Reading many of the former "Second Years'" posts about how their two years went by in a blink of an eye, I am already starting to worry about this coming year going by too quickly!

But this post is not for me to reminisce about times gone by (that's saved for a future post), but it's to welcome the new Class of 2011! Over the past year, over a hundred students have been involved in setting everything in motion to bring all of you here and welcome you. Now we are only a few days from the beginning of Orientation Week (fondly known as "O-Week"), where many of us will get to either meet you for the first time or re-meet you again.

It'll be a week of learning, fun, socializing, experiencing, and of course, partying. You will have taste of the next two years condensed into one week, and hopefully by the end of it, you'll be ready to take on the challenge of the infamous Fall Semester in business school. Just remember, use your "Second Years" as a resource to help you survive and excel in this busy year!

Finally, I'm excited to see so many new bloggers join our ranks and provide their own unique and fun observations of Haas and the SF Bay Area. I look forward to reading your stories (and reliving my first year) as well as sharing my own adventures in the coming year.

Here's to an awesome year together!

—berlin