Days at Haas

The 5-week winter break seems like a distant past, so it is timely to have a middle-of-semester spring break. As many of my classmates took off to their various spring break destinations – Japan, Miami, Mexico – I take an opportunity to visit home. Not surprisingly, I ran into two of my classmates at the SFO airport…

Apart from Spring break, I am also excited about the Days at Haas event right after we return from Spring break. This is a great opportunity for us to meet the new admits (in some cases, again) and for you to meet us – the current students. Last year, this event helped me confirm that Haas is THE place for me. It was an influential data point in my decision making process. So, this year, as a Haas Student Ambassador (HSA) I am actively involved in making this event as meaningful for the class of 2011 admits. We have a great line-up of events over two-and-half days which will give you a well-rounded flavor of the Haas experience. Events include: mock lecture from a faculty member, session on experiential learning, several panels (faculty, student and alumni), career fair, dinner at current students residences, consumption function, and a fun campus scavenger hunt. In the spirit of continuous improvement, we took the last year’s feedback and have retained the best parts of the weekend and added/improved some aspects, which you would love!

Congratulations to all those who have already received an admission offer. We look forward to seeing you at the Days-at-Haas event!