International Study Trips

This is going to be exciting: We just received word on the first two international study trips for this year. Two groups of students will get the opportunity to travel to India (Bangalore and Mumbai) and Brazil (Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro) in January. Other destinations (Chile, China and possibly others) will most likely be added to the travel schedule soon.

In addition the school's International Business Development program is starting to send out information to us first years: The program (which is open for a limited number of students through an additional application process) pairs up teams of students with companies and organizations in emerging markets and developing countries. Teams then work on specific projects for these companies in the spring semester and visit their client company for an on-site consulting project in May or June.

I haven't really made up my mind about whether I should join one of the study trips, but I am definitely going to take a close look at this year's opportunities with the IBD program.

—olistrut