MBA Internships: Facebook

Student: Hans Lintermans, MBA 12

Interning with: Facebook, Palo Alto, CA

Thrilled to be with Facebook because: “The energy is amazing. Every week new ideas are thrown around and received with great enthusiasm.”

Can’t believe he’s getting the chance to: Ask Mark Zuckerberg any question during weekly company-wide Q&As and launch an internal solution without much supervision.

Already he’s learned: That he works best in an environment that focuses only on value-added projects. “The company lives and breathes, 'move fast and break things' which means that I get the opportunity to work on projects that have real impact, even though they might not be perfect.”

Advancing career goals by: Gaining real insight into a successful startup. “During my MBA at Haas, I am focusing on entrepreneurship and marketing. Working on Facebook’s global marketing team gives me the ideal platform to put what I learn in action.”

Who makes you proud to be Berkeley-Haas? Tell us in the comments below or share your stories with [email protected].

From 2011-2013, Valerie Gilbert focused on sharing stories of Berkeley MBA student achievements and connection to the Haas Defining Principles. At Haas since 2004 and now Associate Director of Content Marketing, she still enjoys revealing the different facets of life at Berkeley-Haas to a variety of audiences.